Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Time





My Humboldt Park


I'm thankful for the adventures I've experienced this last month. And for the people who have been a major support to me, both in Chicago and from afar.

Adventure 1: Willis Tower Climb

A few weeks ago, I climbed the Willis, formerly Sears, Tower, with my friend, Alicia. It was 103 flights. It was a lot of fun. Once we got to the top floor, we went out on what is called the "Sky Deck," which includes glass boxes that stick out from the side of the building. So, we danced on the box and got our picture in the Sun Times news paper!




Pre-Climb


Start to Half-Way


Finish?

Adventure 2: Swing Dancing Exchange in Peoria

A gathering of 40-50 swing dancers from all of the Mid-west came together in the center of Illinois to do back-to-back dance parties. On Saturday, I danced for 12 hours. Swing dancing is the best.





Adventure 3: Chicago Critical Mass

Just about 200 cyclists took to the streets on Friday night, to spread cycling cheer. The ride was just over two hours, and included the Magnificent Mile shopping district. Shoppers were enthusiastic and entertained by the tall bikes, strange costumes, occasional dance break and trailer mounted boom-boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment