Friday, November 6, 2009

November ReNEWal.

Lots of New.


I moved into a new apartment.  The address is 839 N Sacramento Blvd, Apt 2A, Chicago, IL 60622.  My fantastic new roommates are Ryan and Chris, both Christ-followers.  Also, both drummers, both night owls, both sources of uncontrollable laughter.  Please pray for a dynamic, strong community.

One night after moving into this new apartment, ROSS was stolen!  My baby, my girl, my bike.  Gone, into the clutches of some greedy theft.  Pray for him/her.  Pray for justice.  But, in this, God showed himself.  His character was displayed in the generosity of a handful of my California friends, that pooled money together and sent me money enough to buy a new bike.  I am so grateful for their kindness and Divine provision, through them.


I am currently job hunting.  I have been working for the catering company on nights and weekends, but now realize I need a consistent day job.  In order to do this whole-heartedly, I have sadly, and painfully put ALL of my acting pursuits on hold.  No auditions, no researching MFA programs, no memorizing monologues, no networking - not until I have secured some financial security, that will allow me to flourish in the acting world.  Please pray for provision and trust as I search and wait, as it is easy to get discouraged.

Tonight is my acting showcase!  I've been taking an 8-week acting class at ActOne Studios, where I have learned a lot about the acting craft, sharpened my skills and was supremely affirmed in my ability to be an actor.  After this, I will be stepping away from the theatre world to find a job.  My performance tonight is my offering of worship, for these last 8-weeks, and really, for these last 4 months that I've been in Chicago.  It feels strange that the Lord is asking me to sacrifice it all on the presipice of my offering, but I trust in the God that sends angels to deliver rams in bushes, and Kings on crosses.


A quick note about the fall: It is beautiful.  My new apartment is right next to a huge park, so there are lots of leafy trees to show off just what cold mid-western weather can do.

Adventure is always close at hand: In just over a week, on November 15th, I will be climbing all 103 flights of stairs in the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower), which is the tallest building in North America. It is a fundraiser/charity event for the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. If you would like to contribute, even $5 or $10, please follow this link. I committed to raising $100, so please spread the word to your rich uncles who might be interested in supporting this cause.

Finally, I love you all.  Thanks for your support and prayers.  I love getting post-cards, phone calls, letters, text messages, homing pigeons.  So, please, don't stop reaching out to me.  I need the support and help.  Transition is hard, but it's good.  This is the space between the logs.


Boggle night at the new apartment.

les.

1 comment:

  1. Les,
    I will be praying that your transition time is fruitful and that you find some firmer roots. I know how tough the transitioning can be but stay grounded and always give glory to God that He's allowing you to pursue your dreams!
    Also, I've very glad you get to see a REAL fall. And kinda jealous...
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete