Friday, November 13, 2009

Proceed...

Showcase. Last Friday night, I performed my scene from Tennessee Williams' Auto-Du-Fe. In fact, I performed it twice. Once on stage, and then once in a smaller classroom for an audience of three, because shortly after I finished it the first time, my friends came in and said, "Hey, when do you go on?" My scene partner and I didn't mind performing it again. And the second time was way better than the first.

Dinner with my Kind. When I first arrived in Chicago, I met some 'theatre people' who graduated from Wheaton. On Sunday, they invited me to their house to eat Indian food and meet more of their friends. What an incredibly delightful evening. The food, for one thing, was delicious. Who knew a bunch of Anglos could replicate the flavors of Indian food so flawlessly? Even the rice pudding and chai was perfectly matched to tastes of India. The conversation was equally fantastic. It was so good to talk about theatre with other thespians. It was amazing to laugh at acting jokes, run around the room wearing masks (seriously), and just be plain goofy---all while drinking wine and speaking in British accents. The one attendee who is originally from England, well, he spoke in an American accent. It was hilarious. I can only imagine what we must have sounded like to him. At the end of the night, I was so happy feel at home among my own people.

Job Hunting. Most of my waking hours have been dedicated to job searching. I have an interview next Wednesday. Please pray for guidance and provision.

I love you guys, especially my friend Boaz who reads this blog, even though he is in Chicago, and can just ask me what's going on in my life. :) I love you, brother.




An old video, when Ross and I were still together and when the Fall weather just started to show.

2 comments:

  1. Les,

    I know how much you love getting comments, texts and letters (*cough* 839 N Sacramento, 2A, Chicago 60622), so I'll start:

    Les, you're so charming and fun. I'm going to give you a call later today. Hope you're well.


    love,

    les.

    ---------

    Okay, don't kill the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your life is in our Lord's hands. and I hear he does good work.

    and you are charming and fun. i'll give you a call today. maybe even have lunch with you.

    ReplyDelete