Monday, August 24, 2009

august takes form



Lincoln + Douglas Debates
    Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln."  We are very proud that this great US President was raised and served in Illinois before taking office in the Executive Branch.  Anyway, before doing so, he debated with a fellow named Douglas.  At the Harold Washington Library (a great big, beautiful library in the middle of downtown), two actors re-created a portion of the debates and then improvised a Q&A session, entertaining questions like, "Mr. Lincoln, what was your wife Mary's favorite color?" or "Mr. Douglas, what would you have done differently if you were elected President?"  I was amazed at the factual knowledge that these two impersonators inter-wove into their responses.  When I took a picture with them, they kept giving me a hard time about pictures taking too long to take and develop.  I, with the help of Canon, showed them!



Audacity
    Raul's brother, Thomas, is the drummer for a loud band called Audacity.  They are on their second tour, which included a stop in Chicago.  In addition to hosting five guys in our living room floor for a few days, we all went to their show to support them.  Like I said, it was loud.


Sparkling Clean Apartment
    If there is anything I love, it is spotlessness.  One morning, I decided to deep clean the bathroom.  The morning somehow became the afternoon and after five hours of the most thorough cleaning of my life, the bathroom sparkled.  I was proud.  And I smelled like bleach.  But I was proud, nonetheless.


3 comments:

  1. Hmm... Lincoln get shot in a theater, right? I guess not at that point but eventually.

    Audacity is pretty darn good, I heard them years ago at Jared's house... or what is last year? Well, I'm pretty sure you and Raul were loud and proud.

    I am proud of you, not just for cleaning the bathrooom... ;-)

    Anyway bro, talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more pround of you than Delani, though not proud of myself for taking a week and a half to finally read this! Cripes!

    I agree with Jantzen: truly, your life is a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete