Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No-sleep weekend, pt 4

MONDAY:



Monday? Yes, I know, Monday is not part of the traditional weekend...but it was the weekend for us the Alvarez-Ward-Rorick-Becher-Switz household.

------------
DePaul University Informational Meeting.

I made an appointment on Monday to meet with an DePaul University's School of Theatre.  The MFA program there, for which I see myself as a prospective student, seems to be absolutely wonderful.  It is well-rounded, diverse and champions a "learn by doing" philosophy.  The instructors seem professional and qualified.  The opportunities to perform are plentiful.  The freedom and creativity to grow as an actor or director seems tremendous.
This is only my first glimpse of an MFA program, but I am not counting DePaul out of the mix.  They accept only 10 acting students and 2 directing students each year.  I would be applying for Fall '10 or '11, after I get a year or two of experience under my belt.  
Next week, I will visit Northwestern.  May God light my way.
---------------

Beach Day is a Alvarez-Ward tradition that I was happy to be a part of.  The beach is very different than Huntington Beach.  The size is much smaller and the life-guard to swimmer ratio is out of this world.  No one is going under the waves on Chicago's Gold Coast.

Jantzen Loza appeared in Chicago on Monday night.  He is a dear friend from college, who loves God, justice & beauty.  He knows me well, listens to my heart and asks brilliant questions.  We had a great time catching up, dreaming, eating pizza and talking about his up-coming wedding.

I will be in Wisconsin, for Jantzen's Wedding until late Friday night. 
More posts, pictures and videos to come.  Keep commenting and writing letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment